Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day Five














I’ll try to make this fast, since I don’t know how long my battery will last. I took today off from biking, and it was wonderful. Got a few hours of sleep last night and when I woke up, I made myself…are you ready for this? Scrambled eggs with shrimp and mozzarella cheese, and a bagel. I was in HEAVEN. Had a nice day, just laying around doing nothing, and then, to top it all off, Kevin gave me a massage (that's his profession). He’s so good at it, my body felt completely rejuvenated afterwards (although I was ready for a nap).

I watched some more of the movie (Three Days of the Condor) and then Kevin took me for a tour of Sherrill. It’s a nice little town. It would have been interesting to see it in its glory days, when Oneida was still operating. I guess that closure hit the town pretty hard. We went to the store to get some carrots and headed home.

I guess I knew, but had forgotten, that Kevin is a wonderful cook. He set to work making sushi rolls and a concoction of orzo and peanut sauce that I MUST make when I get home. Everything was fantastic, and it was so nice to sit down with his family and eat together at the table. We were all exhausted so we went to bed kind of early.

I was actually sleeping (yes, it’s true) until a barrage of sirens woke me up at midnight. I didn’t sleep too well after that, but it’s OK. I was grateful for the sleep I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment