Monday, June 14, 2010

Thank You's

I just want to say a few thank you's to some people while it's on my mind. First of all, a BIG thank you to Brian Cummings for the use of a laptop on my trip. I really don't know what I would do without it. Thanks to my grandparents, Bert and May Shepard, for all their support, and Dave Crane, Karen Waters, Matthew Kaseta, Mike Gannett, Sue Wilson, Ivy Knipes and Bobby Webb. The gear is awesome, Bobby; my lack of sleep has nothing to do with that. Thank you Kevin and Laura Bedford. Your kindness took my breath away. Thanks to the Hickok & Boardman family of companies for their generous donation, and thanks to Coldwell Banker for my amazing set of maps. Thanks to Jet Boil, EMS, Earl's Cyclery, Chili's Restaurants and Panera Bread. Thank you to all the nice people at the Adirondack Hotel in Long Lake, The Cellar Restaurant & Pub, Gordy's Inn Too and the Colonial Motel in North East, Pennsylvania. Thank you to the almost 200 people who have made donations to my ride! I also want to thank everyone who came to my going away party. I had such a good time and smile when I think of it. And of course, a big thank you to my sweetie, Chuck Miller, for his love and support.

I'm sure there will be many more people to thank, but wanted to make sure I did this now.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Just joined, read your blogs... and got really pumped up! Leaving for the Mediterranean cruise today... so arrivaderla, for the time being. Buona fortuna!
    MikeG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy!! I am so excited for you. I just love reading your blog. It sounds like you're doing well and meeting some amazing people. I just hope you are able to start sleeping soon. I don't know how you can accomplish so much with so little sleep. You're an amazing lady!!! Cheers! Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful Kate, especially if you have to listen to music, set it low enough so you can be in tune to traffic. Good thing you are not going by way of flooded Oklahoma City. Good to see there is still some goodwill in our great nation.
    Be safe!
    Jeff Blustein

    ReplyDelete